A bone fracture is a medical condition in which a bone is cracked or broken. It may result in a break in the continuity or uniformity of a bone. Usually fractures are the result of high force impact or stress, bone fractures may can also occur as a result of certain medical conditions that can weaken the bones, such as osteoporosis.
Click the desired links below to find out more from American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons AAOS websites.
Foot and Ankle
- Ankle Fractures
- Heel Fractures
- Lisfranc (Midfoot) Fracture
- Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Talus Fractures
- Toe and Forefoot Fractures
Knee and Leg
- Fractures of the Proximal Tibia
- Pediatric Thighbone (Femur) Fracture
- Shinbone Fractures
- Thighbone (Femur) Fracture